Sonic Chaos HD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turquoise Hill DEMO

2 posters

Go down

Turquoise Hill DEMO Empty Turquoise Hill DEMO

Post by Syllix Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:39 am

Hey guys,

Attached is an unmixed, unmastered DEMO of Turquoise Hill. Just hoping to get some feedback and see if you guys like it. If so, I'll move on to mixing and mastering the track and then submit it again for final thoughts.

Any other issues or concerns let me know.

EDIT: figuring out how to get the upload to work... (it says max file size 0MB, so that isn't too helpful). Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Ryan

Syllix
Musician
Musician

Rings : 4305

Back to top Go down

Turquoise Hill DEMO Empty Re: Turquoise Hill DEMO

Post by Robotnikclause Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:27 am

I don't have anything partitioned to the file uploading yet. Do you need to upload it here, or can you use kiwi6? If you are worried about wasting file space on such sites, I do happen to have a soundcloud set up specifically for this project.
Robotnikclause
Robotnikclause
Admin
Admin

Rings : 4330

https://schd.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllix Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 am

OK no problem - Here's a private link to my soundcloud where you can listen and download the demo.

As above, let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/syllix/syllix-turquoisehilldemo/s-Ebvcj

Syllix
Musician
Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotnikclause Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:58 am

It sounds pretty good! The main instrument feels a bit off. Everything else sounds pretty good. Given the level of quality here, your next version will probably be finalized. At any rate, welcome to the team!

I'm going to PM you the credentials for the Sonic Chaos HD soundcloud, so that you won't be wasting space on your soundcloud.
Robotnikclause
Robotnikclause
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllix Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for the credentials. I'll post a complete version when it's done.

As for the main instrument feeling a bit off, could you give me a bit more detail?

I am thinking of two things:

1. It could be the sound of synth itself, which I plan on changing a bit.

2. It could be that I purposely changed some of the lead notes. For example, the first two seconds of the track (which also plays again at around the 14s mark) used to sound kind of minor and dissonant, so I changed it to a key that sounds better IMO. Also, with the fast playing solo basically throughout the entire song, I did change some notes to make it slightly different and more appealing, but I think if you have played the actual game, and you know the melody, each and every note off by heart, then you ears may easily pick up on these few changes and be telling you it's off because you are so used to hearing that old school melody.

I think in the end, the little change of notes through the main solo would be fine, but I can understand if you want me to change those few parts (the first two seconds, and then the 14s mark) back to the more dissonant sounding original.

Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know your thoughts

Syllix
Musician
Musician

Back to top Go down

Post by Robotnikclause Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:37 pm

1. It is indeed the sound of the synth itself. I'm glad you plan on changing it a bit.

2. I don't mind the changed notes at all! I did notice them very much, I have played Sonic Chaos many many times over, and I love the little changes you have made here and there. The tune is obviously Turquoise Hill zone, and a few subtle changes won't change that.
Robotnikclause
Robotnikclause
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: